There is a saying that, “You are how you eat.” It is very important that you have a good table manners may it be at home or when you are dining out, because this is how you leave a good impression – unless you are alone no one would mind.
Dining with good manners is an important way to make a great lasting impression. It is always a pleasure to dine with someone who has a good table manners. It says a lot about your sense of personal style.
- Don’t talk when your mouth is full.
- Chew with your mouth closed.
- Don’t use your utensils like a shovel or stab your food.
- Wait until you’re done chewing to sip or swallow a drink.
- Remember to use your napkin.
- Cut only one piece of food at a time.
- Don’t pick your teeth at the table.
- Do not blow your nose at the table.
- Instead of reaching across the table for something, ask for it to be passed to you.
- Do not put too many food on your plate, you can go back anytime for more food anyway.
- Take part in the dinner conversation.
- Avoid slouching and don’t place your elbows on the table while eating.
- Keep your smartphone off the table and set to silent or vibrate. Wait to check calls and texts until you are finished with the meal and away from the table.
- Wait until everyone else is served before eating.
- And of course, eat quietly.