A chef is a person who is a highly trained, skilled professional cook who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation of a particular cuisine. The word "chef" is derived from the term chef de cuisine, the director or head of a kitchen.
Here are the list of the most influential chefs worldwide according to the search recorded in different search engines.
- Gordon Ramsay – 48 yrs. Old, born in Scotland. Scottish chef and television personality who became notorious for his critical and oftentimes belittling demeanor on the ITV series Hell's Kitchen.
- Buddy Valastro – Born in New Jersey. American baker and reality star of the TLC series Cake Boss and the spin-off show Kitchen Boss. He published two Cake Boss books and also produced his own spin-off show, The Next Great Baker.
- Guy Fieri - Television personality, author, game show host, and chef who became the face of the Food Network in 2010. He became known for driving his red Camaro across America for his show, Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, which takes viewers on a tour of America's less-celebrated restaurants. Like Rachael Ray, he became well-known for his TV series on the Food Network.
- Rachael Ray – 46 yrs. Old, born in New York. Vivacious television personality, businesswoman, and cook who gained attention for her shows on the Food Network and ABC. She credited her ability to whip up a meal in thirty minutes to her job at the gourmet market, Cowan and Lobel, in Albany. Oprah Winfrey and King World Productions gave her a syndicated TV talk show called Rachel Ray in 2005.
- Jamie Oliver - Also known as the Naked Chef, this restaurateur and media personality became known for his campaign for healthier school lunches. He was mentioned in the South Park episode, "Medicinal Fried Chicken," and later appeared in the episode, "Crème Fraiche." His first job was as a pastry chef for Antonio Carlucci’s restaurant, Neal's Yard.
- Bobby Flay - Hip television chef who opened restaurants in the U.S. and the Bahamas. He won the Iron Chef competition. He and Giada De Laurentiis both rose to fame through their appearances on The Food Network.
- Paula Deen - Chef, Emmy-Award-winning television host, actress and author best known for her cooking shows on the Food Network. She left her job as a bank teller and, with only $200 in her pocket, moved to Georgia to start a catering service. She and her family established a Savannah, Georgia restaurant called The Lady & Sons.
- Giada De Laurentiis - Celebrity chef best known for her appearances on the Food Network. She hosted the Food Network show Everyday Italian, which won an Emmy Award. In 2006, she began hosting the show Behind the Bash. She married Todd Thompson in 2003, and the couple welcomed a daughter in 2008 before filing for divorce in December 2014.
- Neil Perry - High-end executive chef who appeared on several Australian cooking shows. He appeared in the seven-part miniseries Rockpool Sessions and premiered his show High Steaks in 2007. He and Manhattan chef David Bouley, are culinary contemporaries.
- Laura Vitale - Gained prominence as the host and spokesperson of the online cooking show Laura in the Kitchen. Her fame grew further thanks to her YouTube channel LauraVitalesKitchen. She has had no formal training in the culinary arts, and made it her mission to make recipes that can be followed by everyday cooks.