There is no recipe for culinary success, but there are a few key ingredients. You might be a good chef if, one; you’re able to discover new and inventive ways to prepare and serve food. Two; if you’re able to invade the barest cupboard and come up with a dish even the pickiest eater would gobble up. And three; if you are convinced you could win any cooking show contest.
If you have all these qualifications, then you are halfway of becoming a good chef.
What does a chef do?
- Invents new dishes, develops recipes, and creates menus.
- Maintains safety and sanitation of kitchen work and environment.
- Supervises and participates in food preparation in a professional or private kitchen.
- Keeps and maintains inspection, payroll, inventory and other business records.
- Hires and trains kitchen support staff.
What are the steps to becoming a chef?
- Graduate High School.
- Gain work experience.
- Get a formal training.
- Work as an apprentice.
- Become certified.